I have always wanted to try road tripping within Sabah and we finally did it on December 2018. I would love to say we spontaneously packed our stuff and go like most would, but nope! We’re not that spontaneous haha! We thoroughly discussed about the trip and I had to plan our trip just like how it would be if we would have travelled to any other foreign land!#plannersforlife
So yes, I did my little research before we head off to our local adventure. It was an easy going and laid back trip so there were a few attractions we decided to skip because the journey got a bit tiring.
For this trip that I’m about to share, we covered Tuaran, Kudat, Kota Marudu, Kundasang, Ranau, Keningau and Tenom within 4 days so I’ll be splitting my post in three parts.
- Part one – The Itinerary
- Part two – Day 1 & 2
- Part three – Day 3 & 4
So here goes!
Since we reside in Kota Kinabalu, this itinerary will start from Kota Kinabalu onwards.
- Kota Kinabalu to Tuaran (1 hour drive)
- Breakfast at Berungis Cafe, Tuaran
- Drove around Tuaran town
- Tuaran to Kudat (2 hours drive)
- Visit Tip of Borneo (Simpang Mengayau)
- Seafood lunch at Restoran Kampung Kelapa
- Drove around Kudat town
- Check in at Kotak – Kotak Borneo
- Check out from Kotak – Kotak Borneo
- Kudat to Ranau via Kota Marudu (3 hours drive)
- Visit Sabah Tea Restaurant & Tea Shop
- Check in at H Benjamin Residences, Mesilau
- Check out from H Benjamin Residences, Mesilau
- Visit to Arnab Village, Kundasang
- Ranau to Keningau via Tambunan (2 hours drive)
- Lunch at Tambunan
- Check in at Mee Woo Resort, Keningau
- Check out from Mee Woo Resort, Keningau
- Keningau to Tenom (45 minutes drive)
- Visit Yit Foh Coffee Cottage, Tenom
- Tenom back to Kota Kinabalu via Keningau (3 hours drive)
- Visit Rabbit Land at Singgah Bayu, Kimanis
- Back to Kota Kinabalu
There you have it! I’ll be covering more on the places we stayed and visited in part 2 and part 3.